If the most exercise you get is reaching for the TV remote control, it’s time to get out and about.Although the weather may be a bit grey outside, it’s time to wrap up warm and get some fresh air. Take a trip down to the beach, walk through the woods or head towards one of the many exciting attractions.
Having the correct gear is important, “all the gear with no idea” as they say in my house! What not to wear is as important as what not to wear in the winter, so did you know these are the top 5 things to avoid :
- Cotton jumpers. Swap to wearing wool
- Flip Flops or mules. Instead wear boots with tread
- Ripped Jeans. Invest in some comfortable outdoor trousers
- Single layers. Go for multiple layers which you can take on or off
- Avoid bear ankles and heads. Make sure you wear a hat to keep the heat in and a good pair of socks
There is a health benefit to exercise and with mental health issues on the rise, having that time out alone or with the family, can help. Check out the tourist sites online for things to do in your area but remember, if you are planning on driving any long distances, check your tyres first.
Back to all articles