Transport is one of the major sources of CO2 emissions.
How can you help? Reduce your fuel costs by reducing the use of transport. This will help the impact we have on air pollution.
Reducing the use of our cars on the road can offer benefits for the environment:-
- Reduces rubber waste from tyre wear
- Reduces brake lining waste
- Reduces water and noise pollution
It’s important that we all ‘do our bit’ to help the environment. Every small step we take is a step in the right direction. Driving only when we need to will help the planet and your purse. Consider walking or riding a bike if you aren't travelling far. The exercise will do you good and it will save you money at the pump.
Check out these tips to help your fuel costs:-
- Make sure you check your business mileage and your fuel consumption.
- Thought about car sharing? Give it a go
- Check out the local bus or train times too
- Plan ahead. Make sure you avoid those unnecessary journeys
- Looking for a new car? Consider a vehicle with low emission figures and high MPG (Miles per gallon)
- Ensure your vehicles are serviced regularly and make sure you always check your tyre pressures. This will ensure that your vehicle is running as efficient as possible.